Careers - Employer Information
The mission of the Pamplin Career Services office is to make our students perfect job seekers and connect to our customers (employers).
The pamplin Career Services office performs three primary functions: (1) counsel students on understanding their major selection within the marketplace; (2) connect students to employers; and (3) teach students how to become perfect job seekers.
By using technology, transferring knowledge, creating events, analyzing data and creating relationships, we strive to create life-altering experiences that are shared with others.
This mission is achieved through the following strategies outlined below:
- Business Horizons is the annual job fair for Virginia Tech Pamplin students. For the last 30 years in September, 2,500 students and 160+ employers assemble to connect face-to-face. As a result of employer demand, the first annual spring Business Horizons fair will occur February 18, 2013.
- Hokies4Hire is a free university job board for employers to post directly to students.
- Onsite Company Visits are designed to bring Virginia Tech and its students to the employer for a time of information exchange, as well as, a branding and recruiting strategy discussion. See a sample video from a recent visit.
- The Pamplin Career Connect eNewsletter is a periodic communication tool that shares employer messages about events, programs and other opportunities hosted by Career Services for students to attend and act upon. All issued are archived. To promote your opportunity, contact Stuart Mease.
- Company Days in the Atrium (photo) are designed to offer employers a free-unique branding opportunity within the business school lobby. Students visit employer booths between classes to gain more information and inquire about jobs or internships.
- Classroom Presentations are coordinated with professors in targeted classes to be the intersection of instruction and application. The following chart lists professors who are willing to open their classroom to employers.
- Student Group Presentations are highly targeted talks given by employers to student-organized groups. For a listing with contact information, see here.
- The University's Career Services office produces its annual Post-Graduate survey results indicating salaries by major, placement rates, top employers and other pertinent information. For a one-page summary on the Pamplin College of Business, see here.
Ultimately, our success will be measured by the following metrics:
- Placement/Graduate School Rate
- Median Starting Salary
- On-Campus Interviewing Data
- Business Week Employer Ranking
- Business Horizons Attendance
- Company Visits
- Company Days
- 1-1 Meetings with Students
- Classroom Presentations
- Pamplin Career Connect eNewsletters
- COMING SOON - through the generosity of Dominion, a lead-generating web application is being created to more efficiently and effectively connect employers and students from your office, dorm or mobile device.