Careers - Student Information
The mission of the Pamplin Career Services office is to make our students perfect job seekers and connect to our customers (employers).
The primary goal is to increase the placement rate of our graduates.
The mission is carried out to achieve the stated goal by:
- helping students understand the job market;
- helpign students navigate the job market; and
- connecting students to the job market.
This mission is achieved through the following strategies outlined below:
- Business Horizons is the semi-annual job fair for Virginia Tech Pamplin students. For the last 30 years in September, 2,500 students and 160+ employers assemble to connect face-to-face.
- Hokies4Hire is a free university job board for employers to post directly to students.
- Onsite Company Visits are designed to bring Virginia Tech and its students to the employer for a time of information exchange, as well as, a branding and recruiting strategy discussion. Each year the staff makes over 75 on-site visits.
- The Pamplin Career Connect eNewsletter is a periodic communication tool that shares employer messages about events, programs and other opportunities hosted by Career Services for students to attend and act upon. All issued are archived.
- Company Days in the Atrium (photo) are designed to offer employers a free-unique branding opportunity within the business school lobby. Students visit employer booths between classes to gain more information and inquire about jobs or internships.
- "The Perfect Job Seeker" is a model created for job seekers to use to obtain that hard to find job or internship. The model breaks down the search process into phases and understandable steps. A free copy of the book is distributed to students each year.