Business recruiters seek out students who have taken advantage of opportunities to enrich their undergraduate learning experience and develop new skills through Pamplin College minors. These minors build upon a student's academic preparation in the area of specialization of their major, and add a breadth of academic preparation that prepares a student for the interdisciplinary society in which they will live and work. Information concerning the completion of Pamplin College minors can be listed on a student's curriculum resume and are included on a student's official Virginia Tech transcript.
Undergraduate students may apply for admissions into a Pamplin College minor by completing an application form that is available online, or through the Office of Undergraduate Programs in 1046 Pamplin Hall. Those students who are accepted into a Pamplin College minor are given the same preference for course selection during the course registration process that is similar to that provided to students who are majoring in that department. In many cases, due to the availability of Advanced Placement (AP) credit and overlapping course requirements in a number of curricula, these minors can be completed without having to extend one's time to degree.
Checksheets for Minors (includes application)
- Applied Business Computing - Open to all majors at Virginia Tech, with the exception of CS majors, ACIS majors with a concentration in ISA and ISO, and BIT majors with a concentration in DSS.
- Business Diversity Minor - Open to any Virginia Tech student. Questions regarding the Leadership minor should be directed to Ms. Lorraine Borny. Ms. Borny is located in 28 Pamplin Hall.
- Business Minor - Open to any non-business Virginia Tech student.
- International Business Minor - Open only to business majors.
- ISE Business Minor - Open to students in ISE major.
- Leadership Minor - Open to any Virginia Tech student. Questions regarding the Leadership minor should be directed to Ms. Lorraine Borny. Ms. Borny is located in 28 Pamplin Hall.
- Real Estate Minor - Open to any Virginia Tech student
If you would like more information on obtaining a Business minor, please call the Undergraduate Programs Office at 540.231.6602 and request an appointment with Katie Wells, Academic Advisor and Business Minors Administrator.