Changing to or Adding a Business Major
These instructions are for current Virginia Tech or Pamplin students who wish to change into or add a major in the Pamplin College of Business which includes the following majors:
|ACIS - Accounting & Information Systems||HTM - Hospitality & Tourism Management|
|BIT - Business Information Technology||MGT - Management|
|ECON - Economics||MKTG - Marketing|
|FIN - Finance|
- Read the Information for Future Majors (PDF)
- If you still have questions, attend an Information Session during the Fall 2014 and Spring 2015 semesters. - DATES WILL BE POSTED IN AUGUST 2014
August 2014 - TBA
3. Before changing into a business major, please note that all of our lower division coursework for business must be successfully completed by the end of Spring 2015 if you will have attempted 90 credits (including AP, IB, T, Cambridge or CLEP). If you cannot meet this standard, then you should not change your major.
- ACIS 1504, 2115, 2116; MATH 1526-1526; BIT 2405, 2406; ECON 2005, 2006, are the lower division courses.
- All of these courses require a C- or better. For ECON majors, MATH courses require a B- or better, and ECON courses require a C or better.
- The combined GPA of these lower division business courses must be a 2.0 or better.
4. Use the on-line application process to apply for a change of major into the Pamplin College of Business:
- Application for current Virginia Tech students and non-native* ECON and HTM majors to change major to ACIS, BIT, ECON, FIN, HTM, MGT and MKTG - Applications accepted May 14, 2014 through May 21, 2014 and again on August 11, 2014 through August 18, 2014. January - TBA
- Students will be notified by email no later than 5:00p.m. on Tuesday, May 27, 2014.
- Change of Major Request Form for native* students in HTM and ECON and students in ACIS, BIT, BUS, FIN, MGT or MKTG to change or add a major within the college.
of Business and have remained in the college.