Why Choose Pamplin?
Are You Considering The Pamplin College of Business at Virginia Tech?
The Pamplin Undergraduate Programs Office offers an introduction to the Pamplin College of Business, every Monday through Friday from 11:00am to Noon in 1046 Pamplin Hall (except on major government holidays, student breaks, and during University closings). This gives prospective students and their parents the opportunity to learn more about the Undergraduate Program, and to ask questions about the value of a Pamplin degree. Walk-ins are welcome; registration is not required.
Information for High School Spring Break Prospective Sessions
If you have already registered for an admissions information session during High School Spring Break, March 30-April10, and would like to attend our college session while you are on campus, please register here.
Please note that registration is limited during this two week period to students who have already registered for an admissions information session.
If you are a junior in high school and are unable to register for an admissions information session during High School Spring Break, we hope that you will attend HOKIE PREVIEW: AN OPEN HOUSE FOR JUNIORS, on March 28, 2015. Please register here for Hokie Preview.
Seniors who are unable to register for an admissions information session during High School Spring Break should plan to attend HOKIE FOCUS, our Open House for admitted students, on either April 11 or April 12. Please register here for Hokie Focus.
If you would like more information, contact Mrs. Katie Wells.
If you would like a student's perspective of the Pamplin College of Business, feel free to directly contact one of our Pamplin student ambassadors.
- Career Services - Pamplin has the best placement rate of any other college at Virginia Tech. Of those students seeking, 89% reported having jobs after graduation. Pamplin graduates are among the universities most interviewed students on campus. In the 2013-2014 year, 3 of the top 5 most interviewed majors were in Pamplin. Graduates' median salary is also among the highest at Virginia Tech at $51,000.
- National Accreditations - Accredited by the AACSB International (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business), and ACPHA (Accreditation Commission for Programs in Hospitality Administration).
- Pamplin's undergraduate program is in the top 10% of AACSB accreditated institutions.
- Degrees awarded by our business programs account for almost 25% of bachelor's degrees in business awarded at Virginia's public four-year institutions.
- Scholarship Opportunities - Pamplin offers merit scholarships to approximately 15% of its freshman class and transfer students. In addition, numerous upper-level scholarship opportunities are available. See Scholarships for more information.
- Study Abroad - Pamplin prepares students for global business challenges by offering faculty-led programs throughout the world during winter and summer breaks, as well as semester long programs.
- Leadership Development - The Center for Leadership Studies offers programs, research and minors in leadership studies.
- Professional Development - Faculty-led workshops help students prepare for internship and career opportunities (e.g., resume preparation, dining etiquette, interviewing skills, etc.).
- Información en español